Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happydale mini

This is the opening page to the 8-page mini comic of Happydale that Seth first showed to publishers, looking to break into comic book illustration. I will post the rest of them as I get them scanned in. I don't have the originals of most of them, only the mini-comic itself. In this one, the shy alien we see here at Burger King is a major player. We can assume a few things about him from just this one page: he is interested in plants; he seems shy; he has at least one friend with whom he can share a fast food lunch; he is not sophisticated enough to think that a fast food crown makes him look foolish. His adolescent friend is reading a comic book, but beside and before him is a vast array of books about plants.
I would have liked to see this story filled out and printed. But other things came first, as they do.

1 comment:

j_ay said...

Wow, that is really neat! I too want to see this printed!