Thursday, August 12, 2010

Myst 3 drawings

A kindly and observant Mystophile wrote to me this week to send me links to a couple of other places on the web where Seth's drawings had been posted--drawings that I had not put up myself. Here is one link he sent. And here is another (both put up without mention of Seth's name). With the aim of keeping this blog interesting, I had not posted ALL the drawings that I have. But it seems that people who love Myst really want to see everything. And I am glad to put something up here every month or so. So let me find a few drawings from Seth's notebook that I had not previously posted.

Here are some sketches of plants and animals for J'Nanin. The flowers I recognize. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the animals made it into the game.

Seth's drawing of the crab is quite a bit nicer than this scan. He didn't often use shading in his drawings, but he did on this, and his is far more subtle than what you see here: much lighter and rounder, even with as much softening as I could do on Microsoft Picture Manager and Picasa.
I don't remember seeing these half-buried bones in J'Nanin anywhere. But of course, at the time, I wasn't looking.













1 comment:

j_ay said...

Great to see some new Seth drawings!