Thursday, July 9, 2009

going to Hawaii

We are leaving tomorrow morning for Kauai, the northernmost and oldest of the Hawaiian Islands, to spend a week paddling around in clear waters with multicolored fish, playing around in countryside that is described as so green that the people who develop your pictures (if you do it that way) will not believe it and so they will get the colors wrong.

I had wanted to post one more entry before we set out, but I still have a lot to do to get ready to leave, and so I don't have the time now. It always takes me an hour and a half or so to find something to post and write about it. I'll be back next Friday, the 17th, and will try to post something soon after that.

But I am thinking also that Seth's art is finite. I haven't posted every single one of his artworks, but I am not sure that is the goal. I am getting to where I am talking about things I think Seth himself would rather I didn't talk about. He would love for me to talk about his work, to consider what he did that was good storytelling, and what he did that made a difference to me. But I am not sure he would like my overanalyzing it, and I'm afraid I'll get to that point if I keep going on here too long.
So soon I think I will slow down and only post once a week or so, and stop sometime. This blog has been a very good thing for me, and other people seem to enjoy it, but then really we need to go do our own artwork, live our own lives.
God bless us every one.

5 comments:

j_ay said...

Just relax, get on with your own project(s) and post whenever you want; we'll be here.
And Seth will ALWAYS be here.

And enjoy that vacation!

Vicki said...

Jessica,
Thank you for the tip. When we get home I'll check out that site.
Jay, you are always an encouragement. Seth WILL always be with us. We don't want to forget him.

Willa Rose Fisher said...

Vicki,

The blog is an inspiration and I love that it is consistently updated. Though the artwork may be finite, the perspective and insight is infinite. Tomorrow is Seth's birthday and I know he would be proud of all the work you've done. Keep it up-- whatever you feel most comfortable with. I hope you send some pics of Hawaii. Much Love,

Willa

j_ay said...

(raising bottle of fresh orange juice, banana to be eaten later)

!!Happy Birthday, Seth!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Big Brother.