Friday, October 17, 2008

computer woes, illustration, etc.

I really was going to continue this discussion yesterday and today, but my computer, with all Seth's artwork in it, is at the fixit man's shop. It has been there for a couple of days now. I hope to get back this evening with a post, and a little more about composition. Reading the last couple of posts, the subject may be just a touch starchy, but I was interested in what good illustration IS, myself. So I thought it might be interesting to look at Seth's work with this in mind.

Actually what I was thinking about was the question, "What is illustration FOR?" In a comic book the answer is a little different from other books, but I do think it is a valid question.
What do we get from the illustration that we don't get any other way.

I think that since I have started down the path of looking at the elements of illustration, I'll continue there for a while, but then I'll come back to the question of what for later.

No comments: