Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas to all!

To the kind people who have been reading this blog regularly, and to the kind folks who glance at it every now and then, I love all of you for your love of Seth's artwork. I see through your love a glimpse of Paradise, where our lives are all intertwined. Everything that is done in love has unforeseen effects, bringing good in small ways and large to people we may or may not know, sometimes instantly, sometimes after a long wait, sometimes after we are long gone.

When I was a wee child my swimming teacher, a wise woman, used to say, "Go as far as you can, and then a little farther." I believe that little farther is what love is. That is what Seth did always, which is why so many people are so inspired by his work. So on this Christmas day I challenge all of us, in whatever mode we are working--at art, for our families, or at anything good--to do as much as we can, and then a little more.
God bless us every one.
--Vicki

1 comment:

Geoffo said...

Merry Christmas and thank you for being there to remind us of Seth.