Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Batman SNOW 193 cover


This is the cover to Batman SNOW issue 193. This and the cover to 192 are so clean and calm, so elegantly classic, that some comic book fans did not think they were flashy or strident enough to grace the cover of a superhero comic book. But JH Williams, who wrote the story, loved this image. He asked me at ComicCon 2006 if he could buy it; I said, "Of course," and then I couldn't get hold of him. It was not until a year later that I connected with him and his wife Wendy at ComicCon 2007 and the art made it into their hands. Their warmth and obvious love for Seth put a glow on the whole ComicCon experience.
*
I stayed at a distance from the comic book world until Seth died. But comic book fans and artists have written me many letters overflowing with love and appreciation for Seth, wanting to share what he did for them. Some of them had actual communication with him, and some of them just were inspired by his artwork. Some people--strangers--just wanted to do something for Seth's son, and gave contributions. I am daily filled with gratitude for the outpouring of blessings we have received from people who have loved Seth and his art.

No comments: