Saturday, August 18, 2007

Spiderman Unlimited

This page is from Spiderman Unlimited, volume 3, #8, an 11-page story called Fanboyz, about three not-too-bright Spiderman fans who try to do what their hero does. The story is so slight, the humor in it is so broad, that it is easy to overlook it (as I did when it came out in May of 2005) and miss Seth's skill at putting the scenes together, his always clean and elegant drawings, and his ability to give real weight as well as comic foolishness to the images of morons wearing their underwear on top of their pants and doing idiotic stunts.
The story was written by Joe Hill , who is a serious writer of novels and stories. I think this is his only comic book.

2 comments:

Jon GlassMan Gardner said...

I'm so proud to say that this page hangs in my house. Thank you so much for making some pieces available through Felix.

Back in the day nobody knew that Joe Hill was Stephen Kings son, and I didnt realize that he wrote this story until I read this post today. Seth and Joe were definitely a wonderful team. They also teamed up in Joes Locke and Key comic.

Thank you Vickie, for keeping the Flowering Nose blooming. <3

Jon GlassMan Gardner said...

I'm extremely proud to say that this page is hanging in my house. Thank you all for making some of Seths pages available through Felix.

Back in the day, nobody knew that Joe Hill was actually Stephen Kings son. Now Joe Hill not only has a successful independent comic series, Locke and Key, its been turned into a fan favorite television series on Netflix. I also really enjoyed what Seth did in Joes comic, Locke and Key: Welcome to Lovecraft.

Thank You Vickie, for keeping the Flowering Nose blooming.

Jon